SwitchTV.co.uk’s guide to the best TV packages for Sport
Find the best deals for TV packages with Sport as well as the latest offers on Sky Sports and BT Sport
The great news is there’s now plenty of choice out there, with lots of TV providers offering Sport channels and a number of streaming options too. But which is the best overall package for Sport? Sometimes it’s hard to tell, so we’ve run through the main options and what you might want to consider before choosing a sport package for your TV.
Before you start – are you ready to switch providers?
This sounds really obvious, but we know from our research that many families are paying more than they need to, and could save up to £450 a year if they switched their TV and broadband.
But in order to get the best deal, you need to be willing to switch. If you’ve just started a new contract, or don’t want to leave your current provider, you probably won’t benefit.
Do you want an all-in bundle, or several different packages at once?
In theory, if you pick the exact packages you want when you need them, you can save the most money and have the best flexibility. In fact, that’s exactly what this site will allow you to do. Click here to access our package finder, where you can choose the precise channels/sports you want to watch, and we’ll find you the best deals around.
However, we know that for many busy households, they’d rather go for an all-inclusive bundle, where everything comes from 1 provider with one monthly bill. If that’s what you’d prefer, and you want to get the best TV package will all the sport included, read on.
We’ve compared the main TV providers ‘all-in’ packages including Sport channels, showing you how they differ, what you need to consider and the likely pricing. If you’ve got any comments or questions, please ask.
Sky TV with Superfast broadband, Sky Sports and BT Sport
- Comes with the Sky TV Entertainment channels – around 200 extra channels not on Freeview
- The SkyQ set top box is the best in the market and you can add Sky Q mini boxes to watch Sky on other TV’s around the home (extra cost)
- Some Sky channels available in Ultra HD (extra cost)
- Netflix and Disney + can be added too (extra cost)
- Broadband provided uses the main Openreach (BT) network, average speeds are 59mb/s
- Typical cost £80 / month
- Sign-up here
BT TV Big Sport with Superfast fibre
- Now offers all the Sky Sports channels on your TV via a partnership with Now TV
- Based on the easy to use Youview box, which includes apps for iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4 and other freeview providers
- Amazon Prime Video and Netflix can be added to your bundle, to make it the ultimate Sport & Entertainment hub
- Some TV packs can be turned on/off each month, giving added flexibility
- Comes with the BT Smart Hub, the best on the market. Additional Wi-Fi discs can be added which guarantee coverage in every room (extra cost)
- Broadband provided uses the main Openreach (BT) network, average speeds are 50mb/s
- BT Sport and Netflix content available in Ultra HD (extra cost)
- Optional upgrade to the VIP pack which includes HD channels, Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment
- Typical cost is £70/month
- Sign-up here
Virgin Media Bigger Bundle + Sports
- Includes Virgin Media fibre – up to 213Mb/s and the best in the UK (if you are in a Virgin area)
- The Bigger Bundle includes BT Sport, Sky Sports can then be added on
- Virgin TV’s previous set top box was outdated, but a new V6 box has just been launched (October 2020)
- Virgin Media prices tend to go up a lot at the end of the contract
- Typical cost £72/month
- Sign-up here
Now TV Fab Fibre with Now TV Sports Pass
- The cheapest way to get broadband and sport
- The Sports Pass adds Sky Sports channels, but BT Sport and Amazon must be bought separately
- Now TV Fibre is more basic, and the hub isn’t as good as the equivalent from BT or Sky
- Sky Entertainment & Sky Cinema channels can also be added via additional passes (extra cost)
- Typical cost £50/month
- Sign-up here
Finding the latest TV packages for Sport in your area
Prices do vary during the year, so always check our deals page for the latest offers
Alternatively, if you want to search for the best sports package based on just the programmes or channels you need, SwitchTV.co.uk’s unique package finder will do the hard work for you. Click here and enter the specific sports or channels you want, and then your postcode, and we’ll do the rest!